Monday, January 15, 2018

Seen Around

First of all, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who sang happy birthday to me last Sunday. and to those who organized a cake and all who came to wish me well following the service.  Reaching a milestone birthday is somewhat startling, since I feel the same this week as I did the week before.  Always good to remember "our times are in his hands."


I was looking over our church calendar and noticed "pastoral office hours" on Thursday and Friday mornings.  Apparently this designation has been there for a while, but it was the first time I noticed it.  I asked Rev. Irwin for details, and he said those were "interrupt-able" hours when he would be in the church.  So, if you want a quick word with the minister, Thursday and Friday mornings is a good time for it.  Of course, if you want a longer word, you can always make an appointment.

At SPPC we've always taken the duty of hospitality to heart.  We are a welcoming church.  This term we've tried to extend our welcome by placing notices in the Peninsula News Review inviting newcomers to Friendship Coffee and to choir practice.  We'll do the same for bible Study when the new session starts later this month.  We're also placing a sandwich board at the driveway to invite passersby to come in and try those activities.  Of course, members of the congregation are always welcome --and encouraged-- to come for coffee or to join the choir.

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment